Cheesy macaroni and pancetta frittata
- September 2007
- 75g macaroni
- 75g diced pancetta
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 5 large eggs
- 75g Grana Padano, roughly chopped
- Large handful fresh basil leaves, plus extra to serve
- Cook the pasta in a large saucepan of boiling water according to the packet instructions, then drain well and set aside to cool a little.
- Sizzle the pancetta in a 20cm non-stick ovenproof frying pan for 3-4 minutes, until it begins to crisp up. Add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds more. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Meanwhile, crack the eggs into a large bowl and beat well together. Remove the pancetta from the pan with a slotted spoon, then stir into the egg with the pasta, Grana Padano, basil leaves and some black pepper.
- Put the frying pan back over a medium heat. Pour in the frittata mixture and cook for 8-10 minutes, until almost set. Meanwhile, preheat the grill to medium.
- Place the pan under the grill for 4-5 minutes, until golden brown and set.
- Leave to sit in the pan for 5 minutes, then slide onto a chopping board. Cut into 4 or 8 wedges and serve warm or at room temperature. Garnish with extra basil leaves and serve with a dressed mixed salad.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Subscribe to our magazine
Food stories, skills and tested recipes, straight to your door... Enjoy 5 issues for just £5 with our special introductory offer.Subscribe
Unleash your inner chef
Looking for inspiration? Receive the latest recipes with our newsletter