Macaroni cheese with ham
- February 2011
- Serves 2
- Takes 5 minutes to make, 25 minutes to cook
Macaroni cheese is comfort food at its best, and the addition of ham just makes it that little bit better…
- 180g macaroni
- ½ x 180g pack Waitrose Cooks’ Ingredients Pulled Ham Hock (or 90g good quality ham, chopped)
- 350g tub ready-made cheese sauce, heated
- Handful of fresh parsley, leaves chopped
- 20g Parmesan, grated
- 20g fresh coarse breadcrumbs
- ½ tbsp anchovy paste
- ½ tbsp olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/fan180°C/gas 6. Boil the macaroni in a large pan of salted water for 5 minutes. Drain well, then tumble into a large bowl along with the ham hock, warm cheese sauce and parsley. Season, then spoon evenly between 2 individual ovenproof dishes. Scatter with the Parmesan and bake in the oven for 20 minutes until golden and piping hot.
- Meanwhile, preheat the grill to medium. In a small bowl, mix the breadcrumbs with the anchovy paste and ½ tbsp oil. Spread out on a baking sheet, then grill for 3 minutes until golden and crisp. Scatter over the baked macaroni before serving.
Rate & review