Cherry almond tartlets
- July 2005
- Serves 8
- Takes 20 minutes to make, 40 minutes to bake
Serve these cherry almond tartlets for afternoon tea or take them on a summer picnic.
- 39.8g (18.7g saturated)
- 64.6g (39.3g sugars)
- 115g unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 115g golden caster sugar
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 115g ground almonds
- 35g plain flour
- 300g cherries, halved and stoned
- 25g flaked almonds
- 100g apricot jam, warmed and sieved, to glaze
For the pastry
- 150g chilled unsalted butter
- 75g golden caster sugar
- 225g plain flour
- 1 egg yolk
- Preheat the oven to 180C/fan160C/gas 4. Make the pastry. Pulse the butter, sugar and flour in a food processor until it resembles crumbs. Add the egg yolk and 2-3 tablespoons cold water and pulse until the mixture comes together to form a ball. Turn out, cut into 8 and press into 8 x 10cm tartlet tins. Chill.
- Make the filling. Cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy, alternately beat in the eggs and ground almonds, then fold in the flour. Divide the cherries between the tins, then spoon in the filling. Sprinkle with flaked almonds and bake for 40 minutes until pale golden.
- Brush the tarts with glaze and turn out. Best served warm, with cream.
Rate & review