Easy chicken cassoulet with cannellini beans
- August 2016
- Serves 4
- Hands-on time 30 min
This French favourite couldn’t be easier with our two-step easy chicken cassoulet recipe. Simply fry all the ingredients in a casserole dish, simmer for 15 minutes and voila! Serve with crusty bread and green beans.
Want more? We’ve got a healthier version too.
- 23.7g (7.2g saturated)
- 30.3g (5.4g sugars)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 4 British free-range skin-on bone-in chicken thigh fillets
- 4 free-range British pork sausages, cut into 2cm chunks
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2½ tbsp tomato purée
- 500ml fresh chicken stock
- 2 x 400g tins cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 4-5 fresh thyme sprigs
- 2 bay leaves
- Chopped fresh parsley, crusty white baguette and steamed green beans
- Heat the oil in a medium flameproof casserole over a medium-high heat, then fry the chicken and sausages for 6-7 minutes until golden all over. Transfer to a plate. Add the onion and garlic to the pan and cook for 5-6 minutes until starting to soften. Add the tomato purée and cook for 1 minute more.
- Turn the heat down to medium and add all the remaining ingredients. Return the chicken and sausages to the pan, season well and cook for 10-15 minutes until the stock has reduced slightly and the chicken is cooked through. Remove the thyme and bay leaves, then sprinkle with parsley and serve with a crusty white baguette and steamed green beans.
Rate & review