Easy chicken cassoulet with cannellini beans
- August 2016
- Serves 4
- Hands-on time 30 min
This French favourite couldn’t be easier with our two-step easy chicken cassoulet recipe. Simply fry all the ingredients in a casserole dish, simmer for 15 minutes and voila! Serve with crusty bread and green beans.
Want more? We’ve got a healthier version too.
- 23.7g (7.2g saturated)
- 30.3g (5.4g sugars)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 4 British free-range skin-on bone-in chicken thigh fillets
- 4 free-range British pork sausages, cut into 2cm chunks
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2½ tbsp tomato purée
- 500ml fresh chicken stock
- 2 x 400g tins cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 4-5 fresh thyme sprigs
- 2 bay leaves
- Chopped fresh parsley, crusty white baguette and steamed green beans
- Heat the oil in a medium flameproof casserole over a medium-high heat, then fry the chicken and sausages for 6-7 minutes until golden all over. Transfer to a plate. Add the onion and garlic to the pan and cook for 5-6 minutes until starting to soften. Add the tomato purée and cook for 1 minute more.
- Turn the heat down to medium and add all the remaining ingredients. Return the chicken and sausages to the pan, season well and cook for 10-15 minutes until the stock has reduced slightly and the chicken is cooked through. Remove the thyme and bay leaves, then sprinkle with parsley and serve with a crusty white baguette and steamed green beans.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
More food for thought...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...