- November 2004
- 4 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 onions, halved and sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 3cm piece fresh ginger, grated
- 150g rogan josh curry paste
- 8 fresh or 4 dried curry leaves (optional)
- 12 boneless, skinless chicken thigh fillets
- 500g potatoes, peeled and cut into large chunks
- 2 small aubergines, cut into large chunks
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 750ml hot chicken stock
- 1 tsp salt
- 200g trimmed French beans
- Heat the oil in a large, heavy-based pan, then add the onions and fry for 5 minutes. Add the garlic and ginger and cook for 30 seconds. Stir in the curry paste and leaves and fry for 1 minute. Add the chicken and cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the potatoes and aubergines, then pour in the tomatoes and stock. Add the salt and some black pepper. Cover and cook for 15 minutes. Uncover and cook for another 10 minutes until the potatoes are very tender. To serve, add the beans and cook for 3-4 minutes. Serve with warm naan bread, if you like.
Fresh curry leaves give this an authentic flavour. Buy them in Indian stores, or use dried ones from large supermarkets.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Pumpkin and peanut curry
This rich and cream pumpkin curry recipe is a perfect winter warmer. If you can’t...
Chicken curry puffs
An alternative to samosas, these chicken curry puffs are made with puff pastry and flavoured...
More food for thought...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...