Chicken, tomato and mozzarella gnocchi
- June 2005
- Serves 4
- Ready in 25 minutes
This Italian inspired gnocchi dish will leave you feeling satisfyingly full, but not too full as the tomato and other vegetables keep this dish from being heavy.
- 14.4g (6.7g saturated)
- 47.8g carbs (5.3g sugars)
- Small head of broccoli, cut into small florets
- 500g pack fresh gnocchi
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 4 skinless chicken breasts
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 400g can chopped tomatoes with herbs
- 150g pack mozzarella, roughly chopped
- Bring a large pan of salted water to the boil, add the broccoli and cook for 2-3 minutes, until just tender. Remove with a slotted spoon, drain on kitchen paper and set aside. Add the gnocchi to the water and cook according to packet instructions. Drain and set aside.
- Put a large frying pan over a high heat and add the oil. Season the chicken all over, add to the pan and cook for 2-3 minutes each side, until browned. Reduce the heat to medium, add the onion and garlic to the pan and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes until softened.
- Preheat the grill to high. Add the tomatoes to the pan, quarter-fill the can with water and swish out into the pan. Simmer for 5 minutes, until reduced slightly and the chicken is cooked through. Stir in the broccoli and gnocchi, season and heat through.
- Transfer to a shallow ovenproof dish. Scatter with the cheese and pop under the grill for 2-3 minutes, until the cheese begins to melt. Serve with a green salad.
To make this vegetarian, leave out the chicken and pan-fry some sliced red peppers and courgettes along with the onion and garlic.
Rate & review