Gnocchi with spinach pesto and caramelised leeks
- March 2015
- Serves 4
- Hands-on time 20 min
Try this springtime vegetarian gnocchi recipe made with leeks and a homemade spinach pesto.
Or go one step further and find out how to make the lightest, fluffiest gnocchi from scratch.
- Vegetarian recipes
- 29.8g (5.3g saturated)
- 61.6g (2.8g sugars)
- 135g baby leeks
- A little olive oil for drizzling
- 2 handfuls of baby spinach
- 70g walnuts
- 40g grated parmesan
- 1 small garlic clove
- A small handful of basil
- 50ml extra-virgin olive oil
- 800g fresh gnocchi
- Lemon juice, to serve
- Heat the oven to 200°C/fan180°C/gas 6. Toss the leeks in a little olive oil in a baking tray, season and roast for 10 minutes until golden, turning once.
- Wash and dry the spinach. In a mini food processor, whizz the walnuts, parmesan (or vegetarian alternative), garlic and basil into crumbs.
- Drizzle in the extra-virgin olive oil and whizz into a chunky paste. Add the spinach and pulse to combine.
- Drop the gnocchi into boiling salted water. When they float they’re cooked. Drain, reserving a cup of cooking water, and toss with the pesto, adding a little water if too dry. Season and squeeze over a little lemon. Tear the leeks into shreds and serve with the gnocchi.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
More food for thought...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...