Gnocchi with spinach pesto and caramelised leeks
- March 2015
- Serves 4
- Hands-on time 20 min
Try this springtime vegetarian gnocchi recipe made with leeks and a homemade spinach pesto.
Or go one step further and find out how to make the lightest, fluffiest gnocchi from scratch.
- Vegetarian recipes
- 29.8g (5.3g saturated)
- 61.6g (2.8g sugars)
- 135g baby leeks
- A little olive oil for drizzling
- 2 handfuls of baby spinach
- 70g walnuts
- 40g grated parmesan
- 1 small garlic clove
- A small handful of basil
- 50ml extra-virgin olive oil
- 800g fresh gnocchi
- Lemon juice, to serve
- Heat the oven to 200°C/fan180°C/gas 6. Toss the leeks in a little olive oil in a baking tray, season and roast for 10 minutes until golden, turning once.
- Wash and dry the spinach. In a mini food processor, whizz the walnuts, parmesan (or vegetarian alternative), garlic and basil into crumbs.
- Drizzle in the extra-virgin olive oil and whizz into a chunky paste. Add the spinach and pulse to combine.
- Drop the gnocchi into boiling salted water. When they float they’re cooked. Drain, reserving a cup of cooking water, and toss with the pesto, adding a little water if too dry. Season and squeeze over a little lemon. Tear the leeks into shreds and serve with the gnocchi.
Rate & review