Panettone french toast with maple syrup, mascarpone and walnuts
- Jaunary 2015
- Serves 2
- Ready in 15 minutes
Use up leftover panettone to make this french toast with maple syrup, mascarpone and walnuts recipe. A decadent brunch or comforting dessert.
- 2 large free-range eggs
- 150ml milk
- 2 thick slices leftover panettone, halved horizontally
- 2 large knobs of butter
- Mascarpone, maple syrup, toasted walnuts and orange zest to serve
- Whisk the eggs with the milk in a bowl. Melt half of the butter in a frying pan over a medium heat.
- Dip the panettone triangles into the egg mix to coat both sides.
- When the butter is foaming, add the eggy panettone and fry for 2 minutes on each side or until golden. Set aside.
- Wipe the pan, add the rest of the butter and repeat with the remaining panettone.
- Top with mascarpone, maple syrup, toasted walnuts and orange zest.
Rate & review