Panettone french toast with maple syrup, mascarpone and walnuts
- Jaunary 2015
- 2 large free-range eggs
- 150ml milk
- 2 thick slices leftover panettone, halved horizontally
- 2 large knobs of butter
- Mascarpone, maple syrup, toasted walnuts and orange zest to serve
- Whisk the eggs with the milk in a bowl. Melt half of the butter in a frying pan over a medium heat.
- Dip the panettone triangles into the egg mix to coat both sides.
- When the butter is foaming, add the eggy panettone and fry for 2 minutes on each side or until golden. Set aside.
- Wipe the pan, add the rest of the butter and repeat with the remaining panettone.
- Top with mascarpone, maple syrup, toasted walnuts and orange zest.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...