Christmas rocky road
- January 2009
- Serves 8-10
- Takes 10 minutes to make, plus chilling
This super-easy and fun rocky road recipe uses Christmas leftovers such as leftover Christmas cake, biscuits, chocolate and nuts – it’s perfect for baking with kids during the school Christmas holidays.
Got leftover Christmas pudding too? Use it up on Boxing Day with our incredible Christmas pancakes.
- 500g leftover Christmas tree chocolates or other plain chocolates
- 100g unsalted butter
- 250g leftover Christmas cake or pudding, chopped into bite-size pieces
- 200g Christmas biscuits (such as biscotti, amaretti, lebkuchen or florentines), broken up
- 150g leftover nuts, nougat or seasonal dried fruit, chopped if large
- Melt the chocolate with the butter in a bowl set over a pan of barely simmering water. Make sure the bottom of the bowl isn’t touching the water.
- Once melted, stir in the Christmas cake (or pudding), biscuits and nuts, nougat or seasonal dried fruit.
- Spoon into a greased and lined, 20cm square brownie tin. Chill in the fridge until set, then cut into squares and serve.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Subscribe to our magazine
Food lovers, treat yourself this Christmas... Enjoy 12 months of magazines for £29.99 – just £2.50 an issue.Subscribe
Unleash your inner chef
Looking for inspiration? Receive the latest recipes with our newsletter