Christmas rocky road
- January 2009
- Serves 8-10
- Takes 10 minutes to make, plus chilling
This super-easy and fun rocky road recipe uses Christmas leftovers such as leftover Christmas cake, biscuits, chocolate and nuts – it’s perfect for baking with kids during the school Christmas holidays.
Got leftover Christmas pudding too? Use it up on Boxing Day with our incredible Christmas pancakes.
- 500g leftover Christmas tree chocolates or other plain chocolates
- 100g unsalted butter
- 250g leftover Christmas cake or pudding, chopped into bite-size pieces
- 200g Christmas biscuits (such as biscotti, amaretti, lebkuchen or florentines), broken up
- 150g leftover nuts, nougat or seasonal dried fruit, chopped if large
- Melt the chocolate with the butter in a bowl set over a pan of barely simmering water. Make sure the bottom of the bowl isn’t touching the water.
- Once melted, stir in the Christmas cake (or pudding), biscuits and nuts, nougat or seasonal dried fruit.
- Spoon into a greased and lined, 20cm square brownie tin. Chill in the fridge until set, then cut into squares and serve.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
More food for thought...
Easy baking recipes to make with kids
Keep children busy with some baking during school...
Christmas chocolate recipes
Christmas wouldn't be Christmas without chocolate – would...
Christmas leftover recipes
Be wise to wastage and turn your leftover...
Teatime traybake recipes
Teatime? School bake sale? Traybake time! Our traybake...