- January 2009
- Serves 6
- Hands on time 5 mins, plus 10 mins cooking time
Use up leftover Christmas pudding in this pancake recipe served with brandy butter. These make a great (if rich) Boxing Day breakfast and are ready in just 15 minutes.
- 150g plain flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 3 tbsp caster sugar
- 2 large free-range eggs
- 125ml-150ml milk
- 125g leftover Christmas pudding or cake
- Sift the flour, baking powder and bicarbonate of soda into a bowl with the caster sugar. Mix, then make a well in the centre and gradually stir in the eggs and milk, until you have a smooth batter.
- Roughly chop the leftover Christmas pudding and mix into the batter. Stand for 10 minutes, then wipe a frying pan with a little vegetable oil and put over a medium heat.
- When hot, pour 2-3 large spoonfuls of the pancake mixture into the pan. Once bubbles form on the surface, flip over for another minute, then stack on a warmed plate. Repeat to use up the remaining batter, then serve with leftover brandy butter.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Panettone french toast with maple syrup, mascarpone and walnuts
Use up leftover panettone to make this french toast with maple syrup, mascarpone and walnuts...