Terry’s Chocolate Orange rocky road
- December 2020
- Makes 16 squares
- Hands-on time 15 min, plus cooling and chilling
This moreish rocky road uses Terry’s Chocolate Orange wedges as decoration for an extra chunky texture. It’s the perfect recipe to bake with kids and is fab for Christmas or Easter baking – or at any time of the year!
- 34.6g fat (17.2g saturated)
- 7g protein
- 61.5g carbs (49.3g sugars)
- 2.9g fibre
- 0.4g salt
- 175g unsalted butter, cubed
- 5 tbsp golden syrup
- 400g dark chocolate (70%), roughly chopped
- 200g milk chocolate, roughly chopped
- 125g pack mini marshmallows
- 150g blanched almonds, roughly chopped
- 170g pack dried berries and cherries (or other dried fruit mix)
- 300g digestive biscuits, broken into small chunks
- About 200g ready-made chocolate icing to decorate (we used Cadbury)
- 2 x Terry’s Milk Chocolate Oranges, snapped into wedges
You’ll also need
- 20cm x 20cm cake tin, fully lined with compostable baking paper
- Put the butter, syrup and chocolate in a large saucepan set over a low heat. Leave to melt, then mix until smooth and set aside to cool.
- Add the marshmallows, almonds, dried fruit and biscuit chunks to the chocolate mixture, then fold together using a rubber spatula.
- Spread evenly in the prepared tin, then spread over the icing and arrange the Chocolate Orange wedges on top. Chill for at least an hour, then slice into squares to serve.
The rocky road will keep in the fridge, or somewhere cool, for up to 1 week.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Easy baking recipes to make with kids
Keep children busy with some baking during school...
Favourite chocolate recipes
From cakes to cheesecakes, puddings and eclairs, these...
Teatime traybake recipes
Teatime? School bake sale? Traybake time! Our traybake...
Easter baking ideas
Fill your home with the scents of simnel...