Courgette and ham gratin
- May 2004
- Serves 4
- Ready in 40 minutes
Create a courgette dinner with our comforting gratin recipe, made with leeks, ham, spinach and crème fraîche. A great way to use up a glut of courgettes in the summer.
- 32.9g (17.6g saturated)
- 27g (7.1g sugar)
- 750g courgettes, roughly grated
- 2 leeks, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 270g packet (10 slices) quality sliced ham
- 200ml carton crème fraîche
- Big handful baby spinach leaves
- Butter, for greasing
- 100g fresh white breadcrumbs
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 50g Parmesan, coarsely grated
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/fan160°C/gas 4. Put the courgette, leek, garlic and plenty of seasoning into a saucepan. Add enough water to just cover the base of the pan. Cover and cook for 10 minutes until just softened. Drain well, squeeze out the excess water and return to the saucepan. Tear the ham into pieces and add to the pan. Stir in the crème fraîche and spinach and season very well.
- Grease an ovenproof dish with butter. Spoon in the courgette and ham mixture. Combine the breadcrumbs, olive oil and Parmesan. Sprinkle over the courgette mixture to cover completely. Bake for 25 minutes until golden.
Rate & review