Courgetti with avocado pesto
- Serves 2
- Hands-on time 10 min
Is there anything avocado can’t do? We’ve used it to make a smooth, creamy pesto that’s stirred through courgetti for a healthier alternative to pasta.
Make the most of seasonal courgettes and try this courgetti in a tomato sauce – it makes a great low-carb dinner or side.
- Vegetarian recipes
- 59.2g (11.4g saturated)
- 10.6g (6.7g sugars)
- 3 large courgettes (about 600g), spiralised or cut into ribbons using a julienne or ordinary peeler
For the avocado pesto
- 2 ripe avocados
- Small bunch fresh basil
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Finely grated zest and juice ½ lemon
- ½ tsp dried chilli flakes plus extra to serve
- 2 small garlic cloves
- >25g parmesan, or vegetarian alternative, finely grated plus extra shavings to serve
- 40g toasted pine nuts
- First make the pesto. Put all the ingredients except the pine nuts into a food processor with a large pinch of salt and pepper and blitz to a fine paste, then stir in the pine nuts.
- Put the courgette into a large sieve or colander and pour over a full kettle of boiling water. Allow the courgette to sit in the sieve for a minute or two while it’s steaming, then drain and coat in the pesto. Serve scattered with extra parmesan shavings and a light sprinkling of chilli flakes.
If you don’t have a spiraliser, a julienne peeler works very well. Failing that, use a vegetable peeler to slice thin ribbons of courgette.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
More food for thought...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...