Courgetti with avocado pesto
- Serves 2
- Hands-on time 10 min
Is there anything avocado can’t do? We’ve used it to make a smooth, creamy pesto that’s stirred through courgetti for a healthier alternative to pasta.
Make the most of seasonal courgettes and try this courgetti in a tomato sauce – it makes a great low-carb dinner or side.
- Vegetarian recipes
- 59.2g (11.4g saturated)
- 10.6g (6.7g sugars)
- 3 large courgettes (about 600g), spiralised or cut into ribbons using a julienne or ordinary peeler
For the avocado pesto
- 2 ripe avocados
- Small bunch fresh basil
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Finely grated zest and juice ½ lemon
- ½ tsp dried chilli flakes plus extra to serve
- 2 small garlic cloves
- >25g parmesan, or vegetarian alternative, finely grated plus extra shavings to serve
- 40g toasted pine nuts
- First make the pesto. Put all the ingredients except the pine nuts into a food processor with a large pinch of salt and pepper and blitz to a fine paste, then stir in the pine nuts.
- Put the courgette into a large sieve or colander and pour over a full kettle of boiling water. Allow the courgette to sit in the sieve for a minute or two while it’s steaming, then drain and coat in the pesto. Serve scattered with extra parmesan shavings and a light sprinkling of chilli flakes.
If you don’t have a spiraliser, a julienne peeler works very well. Failing that, use a vegetable peeler to slice thin ribbons of courgette.
Rate & review