Creamy corn and butter bean chicken
- March 2006
- Serves 4
- Takes 30 min to make, 35-40 min to cook
This easy chicken recipe can be made in advance and frozen, ready to be pulled out and enjoyed when there’s just no time to cook
- 38.2g (17g saturated)
- 23.7g (8.5g sugars)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 4 chicken breasts, skin on
- 6 rashers streaky bacon, chopped
- 50g butter
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and chopped
- 1½ tbsp plain flour
- 200ml semi-skimmed milk
- 50ml double cream
- 326g can sweetcorn, drained
- 400g can butter beans, drained and rinsed
- Handful chopped fresh parsley
- Put the oil into a frying pan over a medium-high heat. When hot, brown the chicken breasts skin-side-down for 3-4 minutes, until golden. Turn and cook for a further 1-2 minutes, then remove from the pan and set aside. Add the bacon and cook for 4-5 minutes until crisp, then remove with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- Wipe the pan with kitchen paper. Melt the butter in the pan, add the onion and garlic and cook over a gentle heat for 2-3 minutes, until softened. Add the pepper and cook for 2-3 minutes, until softened.
- Stir in the flour and cook for 1 minute, then gradually add the milk and stir well until smooth. Stir in the cream. Add the bacon, sweetcorn, butter beans and parsley. Season.
- Spoon into a freezer and oven-proof 1.5-2 litre dish. Sit the chicken on top. Cool, wrap, label and freeze.
- The day before you eat, thaw in the fridge overnight. The next day, preheat the oven to 200°C/fan180°C/gas 6. Bake for 35-40 minutes, until cooked through. Serve with green beans.
To eat straightaway, put the dish into the oven (preheated to 200°C/fan180°C/gas 6) at the end of step 3 and bake for 25 minutes.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Midweek meal recipes
Chicken and butter beans in a tomato, courgette and pepper sauce
Create this simple dish of chicken and butter beans in a tomato, courgette and pepper...
Chicken thigh recipes
Baked chicken thighs with peppers and butter beans
Make two portions of this healthy Mediterranean-style chicken and bean bake then pop one in...
More food for thought...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...