Baked chicken thighs with peppers and butter beans
- April 2017
- Serves 4
- Hands-on time 10 min, oven time 45 min
Make two portions of this healthy Mediterranean-style chicken and bean bake then pop one in the freezer to save for another midweek meal.
- Dairy-free recipes
- Gluten-free recipes
- 6.6g (1.4g saturated)
- 21.5g (13.4g sugars)
- 3 garlic cloves (2 sliced, 1 finely chopped)
- 2 peppers, sliced
- Olive oil for drizzling
- 8 free-range chicken thighs, trimmed
- 2 x 400g tins cherry tomatoes or chopped tomatoes
- 200ml dry white or red wine (or use chicken stock)
- 2 tsp red wine vinegar
- 400g tin butter beans or cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- Handful rocket, chopped, plus extra to serve
- Grated zest 1 lemon, plus wedges to serve
To serve (optional)
- Crusty bread
- Heat the oven to 200°C/180°C/gas 6. Toss the sliced garlic and peppers in a roasting tin with a drizzle of oil. Nestle the chicken on top and pour the tomatoes, wine/stock and vinegar around. Season and drizzle with olive oil. Roast for 45 minutes or until the chicken is golden brown and cooked through.
- After 30 minutes of the cooking time has passed, stir the beans into the sauce, then return to the oven for the remaining time.
- Sprinkle the chicken with the chopped rocket, lemon zest and finely chopped garlic. Serve with lemon wedges to squeeze over, extra rocket and crusty bread to mop up the sauce.
Next time: swap the chicken for sustainable white fish fillets. Roast the veg for 20 minutes, then add the fish and beans for 15 minutes.
Make to the end of step 2. Store covered in the fridge for up to 24 hours or freeze in single servings. Reheat (thaw first, if frozen) until heated through, then finish step 3.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Chicken casserole recipes
Diana Henry’s chicken thighs with feta cheese, dill, lemon and harissa yoghurt
Taken from Dianry Henry’s latest book; From The Oven To The Table, this succulent dish...