Chunky chilli chicken soup
- November 2013
- Serves 6
- Takes 15 minutes to make, 40 minutes simmering
This chilli chicken soup is nutritious and packed with flavour. Serve with cheddar and soured cream.
- 6.9g (2.4g saturated)
- 9g (1.9g sugars)
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- A little vegetable oil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tsp cumin seeds
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 green chillies, finely chopped
- 6 free-range boneless, skinless chicken thighs, chopped
- 400g tin chopped tomatoes
- 600ml fresh chicken stock
- 400g tin kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- Good grating of cheddar and dollop of soured cream to serve
- Fry the onion in a little oil in a deep saucepan for 10 minutes, stirring now and then. Add the garlic, cumin seeds, ground coriander, ground cinnamon, cayenne pepper and chillies. Add the chicken pieces and stir to coat in the spices.
- Pour in the chopped tomatoes and chicken stock, season well and bring to a simmer. Simmer for 20 minutes, then add the kidney beans and simmer for 10 more minutes.
- Serve with a good grating of cheddar and a dollop of soured cream.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Subscribe to our magazine
Food lovers, treat yourself this Christmas... Enjoy 12 months of magazines for £29.99 – just £2.50 an issue.Subscribe
Unleash your inner chef
Looking for inspiration? Receive the latest recipes with our newsletter