Creamy lemon curd mousse
- September 2005
- Serves 6
- Hands on time 15 mins, plus chilling
This creamy lemon curd mousse recipe is a fabulous light, lemony dessert.
- 20.9g (14.4g saturated)
- 25.5g (16.9g sugars)
- 250g tub mascarpone
- 200g tub fromage frais
- 175g lemon curd
- Good squeeze of lemon juice
- 1 large egg white
- 6 tbsp lemon or orange liqueur
- In a large bowl, whisk together the mascarpone, fromage frais and 100g lemon curd until smooth. Add the lemon juice and whisk briefly. Rinse the beaters.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the egg white until stiff. Gently fold this into the lemon curd mixture, then divide between 6 small glasses, dishes or ramekins. Cover and chill for at least 30 minutes or up to 2 hours.
- Meanwhile, mix the remaining curd with the liqueur to give a smooth sauce. Spoon a little over each mousse and serve with your favourite crunchy biscuits.
Rate & review