Creamy lemon curd mousse
- September 2005
- 250g tub mascarpone
- 200g tub fromage frais
- 175g lemon curd
- Good squeeze of lemon juice
- 1 large egg white
- 6 tbsp lemon or orange liqueur
- In a large bowl, whisk together the mascarpone, fromage frais and 100g lemon curd until smooth. Add the lemon juice and whisk briefly. Rinse the beaters.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the egg white until stiff. Gently fold this into the lemon curd mixture, then divide between 6 small glasses, dishes or ramekins. Cover and chill for at least 30 minutes or up to 2 hours.
- Meanwhile, mix the remaining curd with the liqueur to give a smooth sauce. Spoon a little over each mousse and serve with your favourite crunchy biscuits.
Rate & review
Subscribe to our magazine
Food lovers, treat yourself this Christmas... Enjoy 12 months of magazines for £29.99 – just £2.50 an issue.Subscribe
Unleash your inner chef
Looking for inspiration? Receive the latest recipes with our newsletter