Cucumber and radish slaw
- May 2011
- Serves 12 as part of a buffet
- Takes 10 min to make, plus salting, draining and marinating
This slaw makes a great addition to any dinner party spread.
- Dairy-free recipes
- 5.8g (0.8g)
- 1.4g (1.2g sugar)
- 2 cucumbers, halved lengthways and deseeded with a teaspoon
- 200g radishes
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp celery seeds
- 6 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- Cut the cucumbers into long, thin ribbons using a mandoline or vegetable peeler. Put in a colander, sprinkle with 1 tsp salt and set aside for 15 minutes.
- Slice the radishes and place them in a large bowl. Rinse the cucumber well in cold water. Pat dry, then add to the bowl.
- Whisk the lemon juice and celery seeds with the olive oil and season with a little salt, then pour over the slaw and mix well. Leave to marinate for 10-15 minutes.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Apple and fennel slaw
Fresh and crunchy coleslaw makes a perfect side to sandwiches, meats or savoury tarts. This...