Cucumber, mint and elderflower champagne cocktail
- September 2010
- Serves 8
- Takes 20 minutes to make, plus infusing and chilling
This delicate champagne cocktail recipe makes for a refreshing start to any party.
Hugo cocktails, with gin and prosecco, are similar.
- 0.1g (no saturated)
- 9.3g (9.1g sugar)
- trace salt
- 1 large cucumber, coarsely grated
- Juice of ½ lemon
- 50g bunch of fresh mint, leaves picked, half gently bruised in a pestle and mortar
- 100ml elderflower cordial
- 1 bottle good-quality champagne
- With your hands, squeeze the grated cucumber over a fine sieve into a bowl or jug. Add the lemon juice and the bruised mint leaves and leave to infuse for 1 hour.
- Add the elderflower cordial and chill. Wrap the remaining mint leaves in damp kitchen paper and chill.
- Place 8 champagne flutes in the freezer 20 minutes before serving. Meanwhile, shred the reserved mint leaves. To serve, divide the cordial mixture among the glasses, then top up with chilled champagne and garnish with the shredded mint.
Rate & review