Cumin-roasted winter veg with lemon butter
- November 2006
- Serves 6
- Hands on time 25 mins, 40 mins oven time, plus chilling
Winter vegetables make a wonderful side dish for a roast. Serve this easy recipe alongside roast meat or poultry,
- Vegetarian recipes
- 18.8g (7.9g saturated)
- 23.8g (11.2g sugars)
- 6 small carrots
- 6 small turnips, halved if large
- 225g celeriac, cut into large chunks
- 2 red-skinned potatoes, such as Desirée, cut into large chunks
- 1 large onion, cut into wedges
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp cumin seeds, lightly crushed
For the parsley and lemon butter
- 75g unsalted butter, softened
- Large handful chopped fresh parsley
- Finely grated zest of 1 lemon, plus 2 tbsp lemon juice
- Preheat the oven to 220°C/fan200°C/gas 7. Put all the vegetables into a large roasting tin, drizzle with the oil, sprinkle with the cumin and season to taste. Mix together, then roast for about 40 minutes, turning halfway through, until tender and turning golden.
- Meanwhile, combine the butter, parsley, lemon zest and juice. Season. Wrap in cling film and chill until firm.
- Put the roasted vegetables into a large serving bowl. Cut the butter into chunks and place on top of the vegetables to melt.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Roast parsnips with almond, sorrel and watercress sauce
Olia Hercules’ sweet roasted parsnips are really brought to life by the fresh, bright green...
Christmas trimmings, sides and sauces
Honey and balsamic roasted heritage carrots with hazelnuts
These sweet-roasted carrots with an added hazelnut crunch are a fantastic side dish for any...