Sticky roast carrots and parsnips with hazelnuts and balsamic
- December 2010
- Serves 8
- Hands-on 15 min, oven time 40 min
Transform a tray of roasted carrots and parsnips with a drizzle of balsamic vinegar and a spoonful of soft brown sugar – they lend a fabulous sticky sweetness to the final dish. Sprinkle with toasted hazelnuts and serve with your next Sunday roast.
- Gluten-free recipes
- Vegetarian recipes
- 7.4g (0.8g saturated)
- 13.4g (9.2g sugar)
- 400g carrots, peeled and quartered lengthways
- 400g parsnips, peeled and quartered lengthways
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp soft light brown sugar
- 50g blanched hazelnuts, roughly chopped
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/fan180°C/gas 6. Put the vegetables in a large roasting tray, drizzle with oil, season and roast for 25 minutes.
- Stir in the balsamic vinegar, sugar and hazelnuts, then return to the oven for a further 10-15 minutes until sticky and golden.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Spice-roasted carrots with paneer and sesame
James Ramsden’s spicy vegetarian recipe uses paneer and carrots for a budget-friendly, easy-to-make meal –...