Duck ragù with pasta
- March 2012
- Serves 2
- Takes 10 minutes to make, 50-55 minutes to cook
This clever duck ragù pasta recipe uses time-saving products to make midweek cooking easy.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 200g Waitrose Cooks’ Ingredients Soffritto Mix, or similar
- 2 sprigs each of fresh thyme and rosemary, chopped, plus extra to serve
- 410g pack Gressingham Duck Confit (from Waitrose), or similar
- 1 tbsp tomato purée
- 400g tin cherry tomatoes
- 250g pack Fresh Soli Pennoni pasta (from Waitrose), or other large fresh pasta tubes
- 40g finely grated Gruyère
- Heat the oil in a large pan over a low-medium heat. Gently sauté the soffritto mix with the chopped herbs for 8-10 minutes until soft. Meanwhile shred the meat from the duck into bite-size pieces.
- Add the tomato purée, tinned tomatoes and shredded duck to the pan with 200ml water. Season well, then simmer over a low heat for 40-45 minutes until the sauce has thickened and the flavours have concentrated.
- Plunge the pasta into boiling salted water and cook for 6-7 minutes, then drain, reserving a little of the cooking water.
- Stir the pasta through the ragù with a splash of the reserved cooking water and half the Gruyère. Season and serve with the rest of the cheese and fresh herbs.
Rate & review