Easy gingerbread affogato
- November 2019
- Serves 4
- Hands-on time 10 min
All you need are four ingredients and 10 minutes for this easiest-ever gingerbread affogato recipe. It’s a punchy mix of hot coffee, boozy liqueur and fiery gingerbread and makes a fantastic festive dessert.
Or, take this dessert up a notch with our affogato parfait topped with amaretti biscuits.
- 15.8g (7.7g saturated)
- 53.1g (35.2g sugars)
- 5 pieces gingerbread (we love Grasmere Gingerbread)
- 100ml hot espresso coffee (or other strong black coffee)
- 100ml Kahlúa or other coffee liqueur
- 8 scoops good-quality vanilla ice cream (about 400ml)
- Heat the oven to 180°C/160°C fan/gas 4. Put 4 pieces of the gingerbread on a baking tray and heat in the oven for 5 minutes. Chop the remaining piece into fine crumbs and put in a small bowl.
- Gently heat the coffee and Kahlúa in a small pan until piping hot, then pour into a small heatproof jug.
- Divide the ice cream and coffee liqueur among 4 bowls or elegant dessert glasses. Sprinkle with the finely chopped gingerbread, then serve immediately with the warm gingerbread on the side.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Subscribe to our magazine
Food lovers, treat yourself this Christmas... Enjoy 12 months of magazines for £29.99 – just £2.50 an issue.Subscribe
Unleash your inner chef
Looking for inspiration? Receive the latest recipes with our newsletter