Easy jammy biscuits
- October 2019
- Makes about 30
- Hands-on time 15 min, oven time 10 min
Ever so easy and great fun to make with kids, these simple jammy biscuits make a quick-fix treat and require only six ingredients.
Browse 100+ more baking recipes for every occasion.
- 5.3g (3.2g saturated)
- 13.8g (6.1g sugars)
- 80g unsalted butter, softened
- 180g unrefined golden caster sugar (we like Billington’s)
- 1 medium free-range egg, beaten
- 300g plain flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- Jam for decorating (use any flavour you like)
You’ll also need…
- 2 large baking sheets lined with non-stick baking paper
- Beat the butter and sugar in a mixing bowl using an electric mixer until pale and creamy. Add the egg and mix well. Add the flour, baking powder and a pinch of salt to the bowl and beat with a wooden spoon to form a dough.
- Heat the oven to 180°C/160°C fan/gas 4. Roll spoonfuls of the dough into about 30 walnut-size balls. Put on the baking trays, spaced apart to allow room for spreading. Gently press your thumb into the middle of each biscuit
to make an indentation. Fill with jam, then bake the biscuits for 10 minutes or until golden. Add a little more jam while the biscuits are still hot, then carefully transfer to wire racks to cool.
Store the baked biscuits in an airtight container, somewhere cool, for up to 3 days. Freeze the biscuit dough, well wrapped, for up to 1 month. Defrost in the fridge overnight, then bring back to room temperature before shaping the biscuits and baking.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Subscribe to our magazine
Food lovers, treat yourself this Christmas... Enjoy 12 months of magazines for £29.99 – just £2.50 an issue.Subscribe
Unleash your inner chef
Looking for inspiration? Receive the latest recipes with our newsletter