Peanut butter and cranberry cookies
- January 2009
- Makes about 30 cookies
- Takes 20 minutes to make, 18-20 minutes to cook, plus cooling
If you like peanut butter and jam sandwiches, you will love this crumbly peanut butter and cranberry cookie recipe.
- 100g butter, softened, plus extra for greasing (optional)
- 250g crunchy peanut butter
- 250g light soft brown sugar
- 1 large free-range egg
- A few drops of vanilla extract
- 125g oats
- 90g dried cranberries
- 125g plain flour
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- Preheat the oven to 160°C/fan140°C/ gas 3. Cut baking paper to fit 3 baking trays or rub a little butter over the trays. If you don’t have 3 trays, just cook 1 tray at a time.
- Beat the softened butter and peanut butter in a bowl with a wooden spoon. Add the sugar and beat again until well mixed.
- Crack the egg into a bowl and whisk with a fork. Add the vanilla and egg to the peanut butter mixture and beat again with the wooden spoon. Add the oats and cranberries to the mixture, sift over the flour and bicarbonate of soda and mix well.
- Put large spoonfuls of the mixture onto the trays, spacing slightly apart, and bake for 18-20 minutes until light golden. Remove from the oven. Leave to firm up on their trays for a few minutes, then transfer to wire racks to cool completely. When they are cool, make a little stack of the biscuits, wrap them in Cellophane and tie with a ribbon. Store in an airtight container in a cool place for up to 3 days.
Freeze the uncooked dough in a log shape, wrapped in cling film, for up to 1 month. Slice into rounds, then bake from frozen at 160°C/fan140°C/gas 3 for 22-25 minutes.
Rate & review