Quick lamb tagine
- February 2009
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 4 lamb leg steaks
- 1 large red onion, cut into wedges
- 400g Seasoned Pioneers Moroccan Fennel & Apricot tagine Sauce
- 200g canned chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 100g marinated and grilled aubergines, sliced
- A handful of dried apricots, roughly chopped
- Fresh coriander leaves, roughly chopped
- The zest of ½ lemon
- Couscous, to serve
- Heat the olive oil in a pan, season the lamb steaks and cook for 4-5 minutes each side. Remove from the pan and set aside to rest.
- Meanwhile, add the red onion to the pan and gently fry for 5 minutes until softened. Pour over the tagine Sauce, bring to a simmer, then stir through chickpeas and aubergines. Add a handful of dried apricots and bubble for 4 minutes.
- Spoon the sauce over the lamb steaks and scatter with fresh coriander leaves and the lemon zest. Serve with warm couscous.
Boned chicken thighs are also fantastic in this Moroccan sauce.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Subscribe to our magazine
Food lovers, treat yourself this Christmas... Enjoy 12 months of magazines for £29.99 – just £2.50 an issue.Subscribe
Unleash your inner chef
Looking for inspiration? Receive the latest recipes with our newsletter