Quick lamb tagine
- February 2009
- Serves 4
- Takes 5 minutes to make and 15-20 minutes to cook
Take your tastebuds on a Moroccan adventure with this quick and easy lamb tagine recipe made with chickpeas, aubergine and apricots.
- Dairy-free recipes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 4 lamb leg steaks
- 1 large red onion, cut into wedges
- 400g Seasoned Pioneers Moroccan Fennel & Apricot tagine Sauce
- 200g canned chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 100g marinated and grilled aubergines, sliced
- A handful of dried apricots, roughly chopped
- Fresh coriander leaves, roughly chopped
- The zest of ½ lemon
- Couscous, to serve
- Heat the olive oil in a pan, season the lamb steaks and cook for 4-5 minutes each side. Remove from the pan and set aside to rest.
- Meanwhile, add the red onion to the pan and gently fry for 5 minutes until softened. Pour over the tagine Sauce, bring to a simmer, then stir through chickpeas and aubergines. Add a handful of dried apricots and bubble for 4 minutes.
- Spoon the sauce over the lamb steaks and scatter with fresh coriander leaves and the lemon zest. Serve with warm couscous.
Boned chicken thighs are also fantastic in this Moroccan sauce.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Poached chicken and rice broth
A hearty broth recipe that’s low in fat, full of flavour and ready in just...