Easy-peasy cottage pie
- November 2008
- Serves 4
- Takes 10 minutes to make and 45 minutes to cook
Make up a batch of our beef ragu, freeze it, and then defrost so you can rustle up this cottage pie recipe.
- 30.8g (12.6g saturated)
- 44.3g (11.1g sugar)
- 700g floury potatoes, both cut into chunks
- 50g swede, both cut into chunks
- 25g butter
- 1 quantity thawed beef ragu (search for beef ragu recipe)
- 75g frozen peas
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/fan180°C/gas 6. Boil the potatoes and swede in salted water for 20 minutes, until tender. Drain well and mash until smooth, then stir in the butter and some seasoning.
- Meanwhile, transfer the thawed beef ragù to a pan and simmer for 15 minutes, until piping hot.
- Stir in frozen peas and tip into a 1.5 litre ovenproof dish. Cover with the mash and bake for 25 minutes, until golden and bubbling.
Rate & review