Easy smoked haddock risotto
- December 2015
- Serves 4
- Hands-on time 30 min, oven time 15 min
A quick and nutritious midweek recipe with the hearty flavours of smoked haddock, parmesan and leeks.
- 8.1g (1.6g saturated)
- 66.8g (5.1g sugars)
- 500g undyed smoked haddock fillets, skinless and boneless
- 800ml whole milk
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 large leeks, halved lengthways, washed well, then thinly sliced
- 300g arborio rice
- 150ml white wine
- 500ml fresh chicken stock, hot
- 150g spinach, washed and wilted in a hot, dry pan
- Finely grated zest 1 lemon, juice 2 lemons
- Grated parmesan to serve
- Heat the oven to 200°C/ 180°C fan/gas 6. Put the smoked haddock fillets in a ceramic baking dish and cover with the milk. Bake for 15 minutes or until the fish is almost cooked, then carefully remove the fillets to a plate. Reserve the milk in a jug.
- Meanwhile, in a large sauté pan, heat the oil and add the onion and leeks. Gently cook for 5 minutes until starting to soften, then add the rice. Gently fry for 2-3 minutes, stirring regularly.
- Pour in the wine and simmer for a further 2-3 minutes, then add the stock, a ladleful at a time, stirring frequently as it reduces. Once all the stock has been incorporated, start adding the reserved milk a ladleful at a time, stirring frequently as it reduces, until the rice is tender to the bite. You may not need all the milk.
- When the rice is nearly cooked, stir in the wilted spinach, lemon zest and juice, then flake in the smoked haddock. Season generously with pepper (the fish will be salty so taste before adding salt) and sprinkle over the grated parmesan.
Double the recipe. Depending on the size of your sauté pan you may need to use 2 pans.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Smoked haddock and sweetcorn chowder
A quick and easy chowder recipe that only costs £4.96 to make for four hungry...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...