Emergency chocolate chip cookie
- October 2022
- Serves 1
- Hands-on time 10 min. Oven time 16 min
Urgently need something sweet? Edd Kimber’s single-serve chocolate chip cookie will come to the rescue – in less than half an hour. Recipe from Small Batch Bakes by Edd Kimber (Kyle Books £18.99)
Need a batch? Our classic cookies recipe makes 12.
- 21.6g (13.2g saturated)
- 82.9g (48g sugars)
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter, melted and slightly cooled
- 1 tbsp light brown sugar
- 1 tbsp caster sugar
- ½ tbsp whole milk
- 3 tbsp plain flour, plus extra if needed
- Pinch baking powder
- Pinch bicarbonate of soda
- Pinch fine sea salt
- 2 tbsp roughly chopped dark chocolate (at least 70%)
- Heat the oven to 160°C fan/gas 4. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Cream the butter and sugars in a small bowl using a spatula. Pour in the milk and beat until creamy. Add the flour, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda and salt. Mix until a dough forms, then stir in the chocolate to combine. The dough should be soft but not sticky. If needed, add extra flour a teaspoon at a time, using just enough to make the dough lose its stickiness but not become stiff.
- Form the dough into a ball, put on the prepared tray and bake for 16 minutes or until golden around the edges and a little paler in the centre. Set aside to cool. The cookie is best eaten on the day it’s made.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Subscribe to our magazine
Food lovers, treat yourself this Christmas... Enjoy 12 months of magazines for £29.99 – just £2.50 an issue.Subscribe
Unleash your inner chef
Looking for inspiration? Receive the latest recipes with our newsletter