Extra green frittata with feta salad
- July 2011
- Serves 4
- Takes 15 minutes to make, 20 minutes to cook
This full-of-greens frittata will give you your five-a-day if you serve it with this refreshing watercress and salty feta salad.
- 36.3g (12.2g saturated)
- 15g (6.9g sugars)
- 320g fresh or frozen peas
- 320g green beans, cut into 3cm lengths
- 1 large broccoli, cut into florets
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 8 medium free-range eggs, beaten
- 100g bag of watercress
- 20cm cucumber length, thinly sliced
- 200g radishes, thinly sliced
- 200g feta, crumbled
- 2 tbsp French dressing
- 2 tbsp fresh pesto (we like Sacla)
- Blanch the green vegetables in boiling water for 2 minutes, then drain well. Heat the oil in a non-stick ovenproof frying pan (28cm is ideal).
- Preheat the grill. Stir the blanched veg into the eggs. Season, then pour into the pan and cook very gently for 20 minutes until almost set. Put the pan under the grill for 5-8 minutes until the frittata is cooked through.
- Meanwhile, toss together the watercress, cucumber, radishes and feta. Dress the salad, drizzle pesto over the frittata and serve together.
To make French dressing, put 1 tsp Dijon mustard and 3 tbsp white wine vinegar in a lidded jar. Season and shake well. Add 6 tbsp olive oil and shake again. It will keep, chilled, for 2 weeks.
Rate & review