Pea and bacon frittata
- September 2016
- Serves 4
- Hands-on time 25 min, grill time 5-10 min
Perfect as a midweek meal, leftover slices of this pea and bacon frittata can be wrapped up and taken to work with you tomorrow.
- 26.9g (8g saturated)
- 14.9g (10.4g sugars)
- Olive oil for frying
- 1 onion, finely sliced
- 3 British free-range unsmoked streaky bacon rashers, roughly chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 10 free-range eggs, beaten
- 300ml milk
- ½ bunch spring onions, roughly chopped
- 300g frozen peas, defrosted
- 30g cheddar, grated
- Heat a glug of oil in a 23cm diameter frying pan over a medium heat. Fry the onion and bacon for 5-8 minutes until the bacon starts to turn golden. Add the garlic and cook for a minute or so more.
- Meanwhile, in a measuring jug, beat together the eggs and milk, then season. Stir in the spring onions and peas. Pour the egg mixture into the frying pan, then turn down the heat to low. Gently cook for 10 minutes, without disturbing the bottom of the pan. Heat the grill to high.
- Sprinkle the cheese on top of the frittata, then put it under the grill for 5-10 minutes until the cheese melts and the frittata is set and golden.
Rate & review