Carrot, sweet potato and feta fritters
- February 2015
- Serves 4
- Hands-on time 30 min, plus 30 min draining
Enjoy this versatile vegetarian fritter recipe as a snack or for lunch, or serve with a green salad, yogurt and lime wedges as a light dinner.
We’ve also got a similar carrot fritter recipe with spiced yogurt.
- 18.8g (5.7g saturated)
- 41.7g (13.1g sugars)
- 800g carrots
- 2 large potatoes
- 1 large onion
- 600g sweet potatoes
- 5 medium free-range eggs
- 200g feta, crumbled
- 6 tbsp wholemeal flour
- 25g fresh coriander, chopped
- 2 tbsp cumin seeds
- 300ml vegetable oil
- Green salad, lime wedges and yogurt to serve
- Peel and grate the carrots, potatoes, onion and sweet potatoes. Put in a colander over the sink with a big pinch of salt to drain for 30 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine the eggs, feta, flour, coriander and cumin seeds, then beat with a fork until mixed.
- Squeeze as much liquid from the veg as you can, pressing down hard into the colander for 1-2 minutes, then add to the egg mixture. Stir to combine and season well. Heat the oven to 150°C/fan130°C/gas 2.
- Heat the oil in a wok or saucepan to 180°C or until a cube of bread sizzles. Put a small handful of the mix in a slotted spoon and lower into the oil. Cook 2-3 at a time: fry for 1-2 minutes, then turn and repeat until golden. Put on a plate and keep warm in a low oven.
Watch the recipe video…
Make and cook, chill for up to 1 day and reheat at 180°C/fan160°C/gas 4 for 10 minutes, or eat at room temperature.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...