Feta and pomegranate salad
- December 2006
- 2 pomegranates, halved
- 1 red onion, finely diced
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 200g vegetarian feta
- 2 large chicory heads, 1 red and 1 white, large leaves roughly torn
- Small bunch of fresh mint, leaves picked
- Working over a bowl, knock out the seeds from each pomegranate half by smacking the skin quite decisively with the back of a wooden spoon. Pick out any strands of pith that escape. Mix the seeds with the onion, oil and vinegar and season to taste. Set aside for 30 minutes, as the maceration will create a dressing.
- Slice or break the feta into bite-size pieces and add to the pomegranate. Add the chicory to the bowl along with most of the mint leaves, gently combine and transfer to a serving dish. Serve garnished with the remaining mint leaves.
Try this with goat’s cheese and buffalo mozzarella, too.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Roasted beetroot and marinated feta salad with dill and toasted almonds
This summery salad recipe is packed full of flavour with earthy, sweet beetroot, crunchy almonds...
Avocado, pomegranate and bean salad with hazelnut dressing
A simple side salad recipe for gatherings of friends or family. The salad, with a...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...