Roast cauliflower, kale and goat’s cheese salad
- December 2016
- Serves 4
- Hands-on time 30 min
Roast cauliflower and quinoa are used in this seasonal salad making it hearty and winter-appropriate. On the table and ready to eat in 30 minutes – the perfect midweek dinner.
Salads aren’t just for summer, take a look at our winter salad recipes featuring lots of wonderful seasonal ingredients.
- 28.3g (7.5g saturated)
- 57.3g (18.5g sugars)
- 1 cauliflower with leaves cut into florets/pieces
- 1 red onion, sliced
- Extra-virgin olive oil to drizzle, plus 4 tbsp extra
- 300g quinoa
- 150g kale, roughly chopped
- Juice and zest 1 lemon
- Bunch fresh flatleaf parsley, roughly chopped
- Bunch fresh coriander, roughly chopped
- 200g pomegranate seeds
- 100g goat’s cheese, crumble
- Heat the oven to 200°C/180°C fan/gas 6. Put the cauliflower florets (with the leaves) and onion on a roasting tray and drizzle with oil. Season with salt and pepper, the roast for 25 minutes until crisp and tender.
- Meanwhile, put the quinoa in a very large saucepan and cover generously with water. Set over a medium heat, bring up to a simmer and cook for 20 minutes until tender. Add the kale for the last 3-4 minutes. Drain and set aside
- In a small bowl, whisk the 4 tbsp olive oil with the lemon juice and zest, parsley and coriander, then season to taste. Put the cooked veg and quinoa into a large mixing bowl, add the pomegranate seeds and crumbled goat’s cheese, then toss together with the dressing. Serve straightaway.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Vegan dinner recipes
Roasted caulifower and grain salad with pomegranate
April Bloomfield shares her vegetarian recipe which is packed with cauliflower, grains, onions, pistachios and...