Roast cauliflower, kale and goat’s cheese salad
- December 2016
- Serves 4
- Hands-on time 30 min
Roast cauliflower and quinoa are used in this seasonal salad making it hearty and winter-appropriate. On the table and ready to eat in 30 minutes – the perfect midweek dinner.
Salads aren’t just for summer, take a look at our winter salad recipes featuring lots of wonderful seasonal ingredients.
- 28.3g (7.5g saturated)
- 57.3g (18.5g sugars)
- 1 cauliflower with leaves cut into florets/pieces
- 1 red onion, sliced
- Extra-virgin olive oil to drizzle, plus 4 tbsp extra
- 300g quinoa
- 150g kale, roughly chopped
- Juice and zest 1 lemon
- Bunch fresh flatleaf parsley, roughly chopped
- Bunch fresh coriander, roughly chopped
- 200g pomegranate seeds
- 100g goat’s cheese, crumble
- Heat the oven to 200°C/180°C fan/gas 6. Put the cauliflower florets (with the leaves) and onion on a roasting tray and drizzle with oil. Season with salt and pepper, the roast for 25 minutes until crisp and tender.
- Meanwhile, put the quinoa in a very large saucepan and cover generously with water. Set over a medium heat, bring up to a simmer and cook for 20 minutes until tender. Add the kale for the last 3-4 minutes. Drain and set aside
- In a small bowl, whisk the 4 tbsp olive oil with the lemon juice and zest, parsley and coriander, then season to taste. Put the cooked veg and quinoa into a large mixing bowl, add the pomegranate seeds and crumbled goat’s cheese, then toss together with the dressing. Serve straightaway.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Vegan dinner recipes
Roasted caulifower and grain salad with pomegranate
April Bloomfield shares her vegetarian recipe which is packed with...
Subscribe to our magazine
Unleash your inner chef
Looking for inspiration? Receive the latest recipes with our newsletter