Avocado, pomegranate and bean salad with hazelnut dressing
- August 2012
- Serves 4
- Ready in 20 minutes
A simple side salad recipe for gatherings of friends or family. The salad, with a nutty homemade dressing, is quick and easy to assemble.
- 28.6g (4.9g saturated)
- 10.8g (8.5g sugars)
- 200g green or yellow beans, blanched and refreshed
- 50g lamb’s lettuce
- 2 ripe avocados
- ½ pomegranate
- 50g hazelnuts, toasted and skinned, roughly crushed
- 1 garlic clove, crushed (optional)
- 2 tbsp pomegranate molasses or 1 tbsp clear honey
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- Scatter the beans on a serving platter, then scatter the lamb’s lettuce on top. Cut the avocados in half, remove the stone, then scoop out the flesh. Cut into chunks and scatter over the lamb’s lettuce. Remove the seeds from the pomegranate and scatter on top.
- Mix the hazelnuts with the garlic (optional) and pomegranate molasses. Season, stir in the vinegar, then whisk in the oil. Spoon over the salad just before serving.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Vegan dinner recipes
Roasted caulifower and grain salad with pomegranate
April Bloomfield shares her vegetarian recipe which is packed with cauliflower, grains, onions, pistachios and...