Feta, tomato and rosemary flowerpot bread
- April 2007
- 240g tub SunBlush tomatoes
- 1 tbsp oil, plus extra for greasing
- 500g strong white bread flour, plus extra for dusting
- 2 tbsp finely chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 tsp fine salt
- 7g sachet fast-action dried yeast
- 150g crumbled feta
- Drain a 240g tub SunBlush tomatoes, reserving 1 tbsp oil and 8 tomatoes. Chop the rest.
- Sift the flour and salt into a large bowl, add the rosemary. Stir in the yeast. Make a well in the centre and gradually mix in 250ml warm water, the reserved oil and chopped tomatoes until the dough comes together – add a dash more water if it seems dry.
- Tip out onto a lightly floured surface and knead the dough for 5 minutes, until smooth, then knead in the crumbled feta. Shape into 8 balls and put in 8 well-oiled and floured 7cm terracotta pots. Prove for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 220°C/fan200°C/gas 7.Top with more feta and a reserved tomato, and push in a small, wet rosemary sprig. Bake for 25 minutes.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Gruyère, mozzarella and thyme brioche buns
These brioche buns are surprisingly easy to make and smell amazing as they bake in...