- February 2011
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 red onion, sliced into wedges
- 250g passata
- 350ml good quality stock, hot
- 180g new potatoes, halved
- 200g mixed seafood (such as skinless cod fillet, cubed, and peeled raw king prawns)
- 2 tbsp Waitrose Cooks’ Ingredients Puttanesca Mix (or a mixture of 3-4 chopped black olives, 2 chopped anchovies, 1 tsp chopped capers, 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil and a splash of white wine vinegar, mixed)
- Small bunch of fresh dill
- Heat the oil in a frying pan over a medium heat, then soften the onion for 5 minutes. Pour over the passata and stock. Add the potatoes, bring to the boil, then simmer for 8 minutes until the sauce has reduced a little and the potatoes are almost tender.
- Stir through the fish and prawns, then simmer for 3 minutes more or until just cooked through. Taste and adjust the seasoning.
- Spoon between 2 warmed bowls, swirl through a spoonful of the puttanesca mix and scatter with dill to serve. Enjoy with crusty bread.
Instead of the puttanesca mix, swirl in some fresh basil pesto.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
More food for thought...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...