- February 2011
- Serves 2
- Takes 5 minutes to make, 20 minutes to cook
This light, tasty fish soup requires minimal time, effort and energy and is the ideal midweek dinner.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 red onion, sliced into wedges
- 250g passata
- 350ml good quality stock, hot
- 180g new potatoes, halved
- 200g mixed seafood (such as skinless cod fillet, cubed, and peeled raw king prawns)
- 2 tbsp Waitrose Cooks’ Ingredients Puttanesca Mix (or a mixture of 3-4 chopped black olives, 2 chopped anchovies, 1 tsp chopped capers, 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil and a splash of white wine vinegar, mixed)
- Small bunch of fresh dill
- Heat the oil in a frying pan over a medium heat, then soften the onion for 5 minutes. Pour over the passata and stock. Add the potatoes, bring to the boil, then simmer for 8 minutes until the sauce has reduced a little and the potatoes are almost tender.
- Stir through the fish and prawns, then simmer for 3 minutes more or until just cooked through. Taste and adjust the seasoning.
- Spoon between 2 warmed bowls, swirl through a spoonful of the puttanesca mix and scatter with dill to serve. Enjoy with crusty bread.
Instead of the puttanesca mix, swirl in some fresh basil pesto.
Rate & review