- May 2006
- Makes 1 25cm focaccia
- Hands on time 25 mins, 30-35 mins baking time, plus rising
Once you’ve made this easy focaccia recipe you’ll never have to opt for the shop bought stuff again.
- Vegan recipes
- 350g strong plain white flour
- ½ tsp salt
- 7g sachet fast-action dried yeast
- 15ml olive oil, plus extra for greasing
For the topping
- Handful small fresh sage leaves
- ½ red onion, thinly sliced
- Coarse sea salt or crystal salt
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Lightly oil a 25cm round cake tin. Put the flour, salt and yeast in the Kenwood Bowl. Using the Dough Hook on minimum speed, gradually mix in 210ml lukewarm water and the oil to form a soft dough.
- Knead for 1 minute on minimum and 4 minutes on speed 1, until smooth. Cover the Kenwood bowl with lightly oiled clear film and leave to rise in a warm place for 1 hour, or until the dough has doubled in size.
- Using the Dough Hook on minimum speed for 30-60 seconds, knead the dough to knock back. Press into the tin, taking the dough to the edges.
- Cover with the oiled cling film and leave to rise, in a warm place, for 20 minutes, until almost doubled in size. Using your fingertips, make deep dimples in the dough. Cover and leave to rise for about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 200°C/fan180°C/gas 6. Sprinkle the dough with the sage leaves, onion, salt and freshly ground black pepper. Drizzle with the oil and bake on the middle shelf of the oven for about 30-35 minutes, until golden.
This recipe is made using the Kenwood Chef and its dough hook attachment.
Rate & review