Fresh raspberry and lemon fizz
- August 2009
- Serves 8
- Takes 10 min to make, plus chilling
A refreshing drink to serve al fresco whether you’re having a party or a barbecue, or you’re just relaxing in the garden.
- 0.1g (0.1g saturated)
- 26.2g (25g sugar)
- 500g raspberries
- 225g caster sugar
- Finely grated zest and juice of 4 large, unwaxed lemons
- 1 litre chilled soda water or sparkling mineral water
- Ice cubes and extra fresh raspberries, to serve
- Blitz the raspberries and caster sugar together in a food processor until smooth, then pour through a sieve set over a bowl and press, to remove the seeds.
- Mix the raspberry purée with the lemon zest and juice and chill until needed. Just before serving, slowly mix the purée with the chilled fizzy water, stir in some ice cubes and whole fresh raspberries, and serve.
Make the raspberry purée, then freeze in a container for up to 3 months. Defrost and finish the recipe.
Rate & review