Frozen peppermint and pecan cream bar
- May 2012
- Serves 10
- Takes 15 min to make, plus freezing
The box of After Eight mints you’ve had lurking in the back of your cupboard is transformed into a quick-to-make pud that will satisfy any sweet tooth
- 27.7g (12.3g saturated)
- 42.6g (40.4g sugar)
- 300g whipping cream
- 2 tbsp icing sugar
- 500g ready-made full-fat vanilla custard
- 1 tbsp peppermint essence
- 150g dark chocolate
- 75g toasted pecans
- 300g box After Eights
- Whisk 300g whipping cream with 2 tbsp icing sugar in a large bowl until it forms soft peaks. Fold through 500g ready-made full-fat vanilla custard, then add 1 tbsp peppermint essence. Roughly chop 150g dark chocolate and 75g toasted pecans, then fold through.
- Line a 1.5 litre loaf tin (23cm x 9cm) with cling film, leaving some cling film overhanging the sides. Line the base of the tin with a third of a 300g box After Eights, then spoon a third of the choc-nut cream on top. Repeat two more times, finishing with a layer of choc-nut cream.
- Wrap well in clingfilm, then freeze for 5 hours until set. Take out of the freezer 10 minutes before serving.
- Uncover the frozen cream bar and turn out of the tin. Peel off the cling film, then serve in thick slices.
Rate & review
Subscribe to our magazine
Food lovers, treat yourself this Christmas... Enjoy 12 months of magazines for £29.99 – just £2.50 an issue.Subscribe
Unleash your inner chef
Looking for inspiration? Receive the latest recipes with our newsletter