Fruity chocolate flapjacks
- April 2007
- 200g butter
- 150g golden syrup
- 450g rolled oats
- 75g light muscovado sugar
- 125g mixed dried berries, such as cranberries, cherries or blueberries
- 200g good-quality plain or milk chocolate, broken up
- Preheat the oven to 190°C/fan170°C/ gas 5. Melt the butter and golden syrup in a small saucepan over a low-medium heat. Remove from the heat.
- Put the oats, sugar and berries in a mixing bowl and pour in the butter and syrup mixture. Tip into a non-stick 23cm square x 6cm deep cake tin, press in well and bake for 25-30 minutes, until golden and firm. Set aside to cool in the tin.
- Meanwhile, melt the chocolate in a heatproof bowl over a pan of just-simmering water, making sure the bowl doesn’t touch the water. Remove from the heat and stir until smooth. Pour over the top of the flapjack, spread evenly and set aside to cool and set. Cut into 12 slices, wrap in baking paper and transport in an airtight container.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...