Strawberry and coconut flapjacks
- June 2015
- Makes about 24 squares
- Hands-on time 20 min, oven time 40 min
A basic flapjack recipe is given a fruity, summery twist with the addition of sweet, sticky strawberry jam and desiccated coconut. Serve to hungry kids after school or as part of a party spread.
For the traditional recipe, try our old-fashioned flapjacks.
- 10g (5.5g saturated)
- 30.6g (16.2g sugars)
- 200g salted butter, cubed
- 200g soft brown sugar
- 150g golden syrup
- 500g rolled oats
- 500g thick strawberry jam, plus extra to serve
- 100g desiccated coconut, plus extra to serve
- Heat the oven to 160°C/140°C fan/ gas 3 and line a 20cm x 30cm baking tray (see tip). Melt the butter, sugar and syrup gently in a saucepan until smooth and well combined.
- Stir in the oats until combined. Put half the mix in the tin and spread out evenly to cover the base. Top with half the strawberry jam, then evenly scatter over half the coconut. Top with the remaining oat mixture, then repeat with the remaining jam and coconut. Bake for 40 minutes.
- Leave to cool in the tin, then turn out and cut into squares with a sharp knife. Stack into pretty boxes, if you like.
You’ll definitely need to line the tray. Trust us on this.
Make the flapjacks up to a week in advance and keep in an airtight container.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Fruity chocolate flapjacks
These fabulous fruity flapjacks are perfect for a picnic or just as nice dunked in...
Afternoon tea recipes
Whether you're having friends round for afternoon tea...
Easy baking recipes to make with kids
Keep children busy with some baking during school...
Make the most of a British summer with...
Teatime traybake recipes
Teatime? School bake sale? Traybake time! Our traybake...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...