Gnocchi with sage and roasted tomato sauce
- October 2008
- Serves 1
- Hands on time 15 mins, plus 20 mins cooking time
A summery vegetarian gnocchi recipe, for one person, is great to make for yourself or as a wonderful dish for a veggie dinner guest.
Looking for something else? We have lots more recipes for 1 person for you to try.
- Vegetarian recipes
- 30.8g (8.3g saturated)
- 49.7g (5.5g sugars)
- 125g fresh gnocchi
For the tomato sauce
- 150g cherry tomatoes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large garlic clove, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh flatleaf parsley
- 2 tsp finely chopped fresh sage leaves
- 20g vegetarian blue cheese (such as Beenleigh Blue), crumbled
- Extra-virgin olive oil, to drizzle
- Preheat the oven to 190°C/fan170°C/ gas 5. Put the tomatoes in a roasting tray, drizzle with the olive oil and scatter with the chopped garlic and some seasoning. Mix well to coat and roast for about 20 minutes, until softened. Remove and transfer to a small pan. Mash the tomatoes roughly with a fork, leaving some whole. Stir in the parsley, sage and blue cheese and heat gently.
- Cook the gnocchi in a saucepan of boiling salted water for 2-3 minutes. Scoop out with a slotted spoon and divide between serving plates. Spoon over the tomato sauce and drizzle with extra-virgin olive oil to serve.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Healthy lunch recipes
Fish finger kimchi rice with edamame and a fried egg
Make use of that reliable box of fish fingers in your freezer with this Korean-style...