Gnocchi with sun-dried tomato pesto, peas and pecorino
- November 2018
- Serves 4
- Hands-on time 15 min
Bored of pasta? Choose gnocchi instead and pimp it with sun-dried tomatoes, crème fraîche and pine nuts for a satisfying vegetarian supper.
- Vegetarian recipes
- 31.3g (7.8g saturated)
- 52.9g (6.5g sugars)
- 45g pine nuts
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- Bunch spring onions, sliced
- 165g jar sun-dried tomato pesto (we used Belazu)
- 2 tbsp crème fraîche
- 300g frozen peas
- 500g fresh gnocchi
- 3 large handfuls baby spinach
- Small bunch fresh basil, torn
- Lemon juice to taste
- 50g pecorino, grated
- Toast the pine nuts in a dry frying pan, shaking the pan occasionally, until golden brown on both sides. Remove and set aside.
- Heat the olive oil in the frying pan and fry the spring onions over a medium heat until softened. Stir in the pesto, crème fraîche and frozen peas, then cook until the peas have defrosted and warmed through.
- Bring a large pan of salted water to the boil and cook the gnocchi according to the pack instructions (about 2-3 minutes), then drain well.
- Stir the drained gnocchi into the pesto sauce, then add the spinach and most of the basil. Season to taste with black pepper and lemon juice. Divide the gnocchi among 4 plates and sprinkle with the toasted pine nuts, remaining basil and pecorino to serve.
Rate & review