Baked salmon gnocchi
- October 2017
- Serves 4
- Hands-on time 15 min, oven time 12-14 min
Everyone loves a one-pan dish and you can’t go wrong with this creamy gnocchi topped with salmon fillets. It’s an easy, midweek meal that’s ready in 30 mins.
- 34.2g (9.9g saturated)
- 41.2g (8g sugars)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, finely sliced
- 1 large head broccoli, separated into florets
- 300g reduced-fat cream cheese
- 3 tbsp Belazu Traditional Genovese Pesto
- 400g fresh gnocchi
- Juice 1 lemon
- 4 small organic salmon fillets
- Heat the oven to 200°C/180°C fan/gas 6. Heat the olive oil in a large ovenproof frying pan or shallow casserole and fry the onion for 2-3 minutes. Add the broccoli and stir-fry for a further 2 minutes.
- Mix in the cream cheese, pesto and 160ml water, then heat gently, stirring to combine. Meanwhile, microwave the gnocchi for 1 minute on high (or boil, following the pack instructions). Stir into the sauce with lots of black pepper, the lemon juice and salt to taste.
- Nestle the salmon fillets in the sauce among the gnocchi and bake for 12-14 minutes until the salmon is just cooked through. Serve straightaway.
Next time swap the gnocchi for cooked baby new potatoes. Serve with spinach for more veg.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Vegetarian comfort food recipes
Baked gnocchi with cream, mushrooms and blue cheese sauce
This recipe of soft, pillowy gnocchi baked in a creamy blue cheese mushroom sauce is...