Grana Padano tart with walnut pastry
- September 2007
- Serves 6
- Takes 15 minutes to make, 35 minutes to bake, plus chilling
This cheesy tart recipe has a luxuriously creamy filling and deliciously nutty pastry. Serve with a tomato and onion salad for a tasty supper.
- 50g walnut halves
- 225g plain flour, plus extra for dusting
- 125g chilled salted butter, diced
- 450ml double cream
- 2 large eggs, plus 2 large egg yolks
- 150g Grana Padano cheese, finely grated
- Preheat the oven to 200C/fan180C/gas 6. Put the walnuts in a food processor and whizz until finely ground. Add the flour and butter and whizz again to fine breadcrumbs. Pour in 3-4 tablespoons of very cold water and pulse until it forms a firm dough. Cover and chill for 30 minutes.
- Roll out the pastry on a floured surface and use to line a rectangular 35cm x 11cm loose-bottomed fluted flan tin. Prick the base, fill with crumpled foil and bake for 10 minutes. Remove and discard the foil.
- Lower the temperature to 180C/fan160C/gas 4. Beat the cream, whole eggs and egg yolks together well. Stir in the cheese and some black pepper. Pour into the pastry case and bake for 25 minutes, until just set.
- Allow to stand for 5 minutes, then carefully remove the tart from the tin. Cut into slices and serve while still warm with a tomato and red onion salad.
Vegetarians can use vegetarian Parmesan instead of Grana Padano.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Cheddar and chard tart with cheese and oatmeal pastry
Cheddar and chard are paired with a robust oatmeal pastry in Debbie Major’s cheesy vegetarian...
Caramelised onion tart with walnut and parmesan crust
Sweet, slow-cooked onions make this vegetarian tart recipe a real treat. The walnut and parmesan...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...