Quinoa salad with feta, pea and mint
- April 2017
- Serves 1
- Hands-on time 15 min
Laura Herring’s quick quinoa salad with feta and mint from The Fast Days Cookbook is low in calories, for fast days on the 5:2 diet, but high in protein to keep you full for longer.
Here’s a similar recipe with broad beans and pomegranate.
- Vegetarian recipes
- 7.3g (3.8g saturated)
- 22.8g (3.4g sugars)
- 35g white or red quinoa
- 5g fresh mint leaves, finely shredded
- Finely grated zest and juice ½ lemon
- ½ small red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 30g frozen peas, thawed
- 25g feta, chopped into small cubes
- Put the quinoa in a small saucepan with 125ml cold water. Bring to the boil over a high heat, then reduce the heat to low-medium. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until soft and fluffy, adding a splash of water if the quinoa starts to dry out.
- When the quinoa is cooked, drain well and transfer to a bowl. Gently stir in the mint leaves so they soften a little in the heat. Squeeze over the lemon juice and mix in the chilli and the thawed peas. Mix in the feta. Sprinkle over the lemon zest, then season with black pepper.
For a non-fasting day, stir in some toasted and chopped almonds for extra crunch and added nutrients.
Make up to 3 days in advance. Store in a sealed container in the fridge.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Easy warm roast cauliflower, sweet potato and quinoa salad
Make the most of winter vegetables in this warming cauliflower, sweet potato and quinoa recipe....
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...