Green veg and chicken tacos with pea guacamole
- August 2017
- Serves 2
- Hands-on time 20 min
Enjoy this recipe for your next taco night. Quick and affordable, it’s perfect for those summer evenings when you want something quick, easy and nourishing.
See our fish and chip tacos with pea guacamole too for something a little bit different…
- 24.3g (6.3g saturated)
- 53.5g (5.5g sugars)
- 1/2 fennel bulb, finely sliced
- 80g courgette or baby courgettes, cut into ribbons using a veg peeler
- Juice 2 limes, plus wedges to serve
- 80g frozen peas
- 1 ripe avocado, roughly chopped
- 1 cos lettuce, roughly chopped
- Large handful fresh coriander leaves, finely chopped
- 2 ready-roasted free-range chicken breasts, sliced
- 4-6 small tortilla wraps
- 100g (½ tub) ready-made tomato salsa to serve
- Mix the sliced fennel and courgette(s) in a serving bowl with half the lime juice. Set aside.
- For the pea guacamole, put the peas in a bowl, cover with boiling water and leave for 5 minutes. Drain and rinse under cold water, then whizz in a food processor with the avocado and remaining lime juice until smooth. Taste and season well with salt and pepper.
- Toss the lettuce and chopped coriander with the fennel and courgette. Arrange the chicken and green veg on the tortillas, dollop with some pea guacamole, then serve with the tomato salsa and lime wedges for squeezing.
If you like, gently toast the tortillas in a dry frying pan or griddle (or warm in a microwave) for a few seconds.
Rate & review