Gremolata pork chops on creamy polenta with lemon ricotta sauce
- May 2010
- Serves 4
- Takes 15 min to make, 15 min to cook
This Italian recipe combines creamy polenta with juicy pork smothered in tangy gremolata, a mix of lemon, garlic and herbs.
- 35.9g (13.9g saturated)
- 38.5g (1.4g sugar)
- 4 pork chops
- 1½ tbsp olive oil
- 200g ricotta
- Juice of ½ lemon
- 100g finely grated Parmesan
- 200g quick-cook polenta
- Large knob of butter
For the gremolata
- Grated zest of 2 lemons
- 2 large garlic cloves, finely chopped
- Large bunch fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 3 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- Make the gremolata by mixing all the ingredients together in a bowl. Season, brush half over the pork chops and reserve the rest.
- Heat the olive oil in a frying pan over a medium-high heat and fry the chops for 4-5 minutes each side until just cooked through. Remove and set aside to rest for 5 minutes.
- Place the ricotta in a bowl and stir in the lemon juice, 20g of the Parmesan and season with salt and ground black pepper. Set aside.
- Bring 800ml water to the boil in a medium saucepan. Slowly pour in the polenta and stir quickly. Bubble the polenta for a few minutes, stirring, until thickened. Remove the saucepan from the heat, fold in the butter and remaining Parmesan, then season well.
- Spoon the polenta among plates, then top with the pork chops and some of the remaining gremolata. Stir the rest of the gremolata into the lemon ricotta sauce, and serve on the side.
Rate & review