Healthy mushroom omelette
- November 2002
- Serves 1
- Hands-on time 5 min, cooking time 10 min
This healthy mushroom omelette is ready in just 10 minutes. It’s a tasty dairy-free, vegetarian breakfast recipe that you’ll come back to again and again.
- 12.7g (3.3g saturates)
- 18g (1.5g sugars)
- Spray cooking oil
- Handful button mushrooms
- 2 eggs
- Handful fresh herbs of your choice, chopped (optional)
- 1 slice wholemeal toast, cut into triangles
- Spray a frying pan with oil and heat over a medium-high heat. Add the mushrooms and cook for 5 min, then remove from the pan and keep warm.
- Whisk the eggs with black pepper, then spray the pan with more oil. Add the eggs, shaking the pan well, then add the mushrooms back to the pan along with the herbs, if using.
- Cook the omelette for a couple of min, tilting the pan to allow the uncooked egg to run to the edges. Serve with the toast alongside.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Masala omelette with spinach and soured cream dressing
Chetna Makan has spiced up a classic omelette, topped it with spinach, then finished it...